[3830] SO(A)SB20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SO(A)SB20 HP
From: ki7m@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2013 22:44:07 +0000 (UTC)

(Resubmit this so the heading is correct)

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB  2013

Call: KI7M

Operator(s): KI7M
Station: KI7M

Class: SO(A)SB20 HP

QTH: Keizer, OR

Operating Time (hrs): 27.5

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:    1203
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  1203 Prefixes = 542  Total Score = 1,002,158

Club:

Comments:   I am worn out today and really frazelled so excuse me if I say
something I might regret. I love this contest but the propation sometimes makes
me feel somebody up there dosen't like me. Until Saturday night I was unable to
develope any real strings of contacts. Just averaging about one a minute or
minute and a half. Saturday night I started getting strings from the east coast
and midwest and worked it as fast as I could. I thoroughly love working that
way...3, even 4 a minute sometimes. 5 in a minute sometimes happens in some
contest and that's hard but not this contest this time. CQWWPHN yes.

Then the dreaded call, call, call and no one coming back. I remember working
one N0 who said I was 59+40 but he was the only one who came back to my 'CQ
Contest KI7M' for many minutes. An E7 called several times but kept
disappearing when I went back to him? I was beginning to think either
propagation really sucked on Sunday around noon or else 'nobody liked me'. I do
get a little paranoid sometimes I guess especially after so much lack of sleep
and static from the headphones. Under those condition it is 'do I move to hunt
and peck or do I sit here and keep calling'. And I will just bet when I did
move I caused some QRM. Sorry if I caused that, the propagation did really get
strange for a while like in and out meteor shower conditions. Calls would pop
up and then were gone again. I try not to QRM people but let's face it, a big
contest is a QRM-fest even if you don't mean too.

I did get reminded to stay away from 14.313 by the guardians of the wholly
grail there when I asked if it was in use...such language. (Hee Hee)

Later Sunday all of the sudden around 20:30 or so Europe opened up again and I
knocked off quite a few good ones and built the score up. Going after a YM3 and
some other good ones I got reminded what it is like to go head to head in some
good pileups and win...I can still do it! But it was feeling like I had worked
everybody by late in the contest. Around 22:30 I began to hope I might  break a
million points and during the last 15 or 20 minutes I managed to pull it off
with the help of a few east coast, Calif. and PY stations...just barely. I will
bet my score will get knocked down some by the contest committee for bad calls
and wrong report numbers but we do our best and strive not to make those
mistakes.

Anyway, I did break a million points! Thanks for the contacts and the fun (as
well as the paranoia).

Terry, KI7M

73's