[3830] CQ160 SSB VE3DC Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3bk@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB VE3DC Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 11:25:52 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: VE3DC
Operator(s): VA3DJ VE3BAU VE3BK VE3BNF VE3RYI
Station: VE3DC

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: ON
Operating Time (hrs): 22

Total:  QSOs = 776  State/Prov = 55  Countries = 9  Total Score = 236,416

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

We tried a new dipole this year as well as the delta loop and the windom,
so we were well prepared with antennas.  Found the band to be very noisey
with all the participitation that made things more fun. The radio cops had
fun harassing us because we ended up near the listening frequency of VP6DX
but we had been on the air for some time before the guys in Ducie Island
were even heard in NA.  We talked to them on 15m the next day and they said
that we had no effect on them and they were glad to work us when things were
so quiet on 15m because they had heard us all weekend without us working them.
We mostly called CQ on whatever frequency we could, even though we moved
3 times to keep the radio cops in NA happy.  Seems like we couldn't keep them
happy no matter what as we were accused of moving close to their frequency
again on the Saturday night, when we had called CQ on the same frequency from
before supper just to secure the frequency away from the DX-expedition. The
VP6DX boys said that they had trouble finding a spot on 160m too, and could
not
work split because of the contest.  They figured this was normal for a
contest.
We had fun anyway and did better than last year. Some of the newer operators
were surprised at working DX on 160m.  Another great learning experience for
some of the guys.        73   Rick  VE3BK