[3830] All Asian CW VA7ST SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] All Asian CW VA7ST SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 17:45:30 -0700
                    All Asian DX Contest, CW

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: BC
Operating Time (hrs): 5

  160:
   80:
   40:   59    26
   20:   49    33
   15:   11     9
   10:
-------------------
Total:  119    68  Total Score = 8,092

Club:

Comments:

* FT-2000 + SB221
* 3 element tribander @ 45'
* 40M twin half-squares

Sun Spots: 11 | Flux: 65  | Ap: 5  | Kp: 2

Lousy conditions on 20M to Asia, especially those stations needed an
over-the-pole shot. That made it mostly a JA contest from here. Great
conditions on 40M at 1230z -- wide open to JA for an hour, putting 50 JAs in
the log in 45 minutes.

15M opened to JA on Sunday afternoon, though not many up there. I found the
opening only in the final hour so I don't know how early it began. Probably
should have been there a bit earlier.

Wish JARL would accept Cabrillo logs without the complex post-processing
required (I used the web form to create the text file they need... It creates
the "wrapper" around your text-format log, but N1MM's cabrillo output needed
manual changes to fit their default line length). The All Asia log submission
process is by far the most complicated of any contest I participate in.

The antiquated log submission process aside, I love this contest. It's one of
the best for JA activity these days. Made a personal best for Qs, mults and
score this year.

Last year, I operated about 1 hour less, but didn't get anywhere near this
year's 8,000 score (no 15M at all last year, and 20M was weak)...

   40:  44     29
   20:  20     13