[3830] NCCC Sprint N3BB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N3BB@mindspring.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint N3BB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 20:43:41 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint - July 4

Call: N3BB
Operator(s): N3BB
Station: N3BB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Austin
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5

  160:   0      0
   80:   0      0
   40:   0      0
   20:  65     17
   15:   0      0
   10:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  65     17  Total Score = 1,105

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Wow. What a blast. Had to tell N2MM "sri qso" when I called blind and there were
no contacts in between. Othewise at least one more. There were several brief
periods when I could not buy a contact, and others when it just flowed.

Conditions were superb to the northeast and east, with K3LR the strongest on
the band and W9RE not far behind. There must have been five separate times when
I got beat out by K5NZ, whom I never could hear at all. The midwest stations
like W0BH were pretty strong, and the NW guys like DanWA and N9RV were strong
but not dominant. The loudest area was a stretch of GA, TN, PA, and IN. On the
left coast, TV Bob and N6RO were strong but a notch below the NW and well below
the sweet spot mentioned above. The Locust, K6VVA, was down from the TVs and
ROs. N6ZFO was pretty loud as well. That new location must be a good 'un, Bill.

With a whole lot of help from my friends, N5TW, K5OT, W5JAW, and K5NA I got a
new antenna installed and tried it for the first time tonight. It's a third
205CA yagi, at 80 feet between the previous two yagis in my 20 meter stack.
It's fixed on the USA NE and Europe for more gain to those population centers
in both DX and domestic contests. That meant that tonight, I had 2/3 of the
hundred Watts going to the NW and 1/3 to the left coast. All in all, it seems a
good trade-off. Comments anyone, compared with the previous signal on twenty
meters?

Another great half hour on the radio. Tnx NCCC and 3830.

Jim N3BB