[3830] DL-DX RTTY VA7ST SOAB-6 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] DL-DX RTTY VA7ST SOAB-6 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2008 19:22:36 -0700
                    DL-DX RTTY Contest

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: SOAB-6 HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 3.5

   80:
   40:  29   300    13
   20:  47   475    13
   15:   1    10     2
   10:
------------------------
Total:  77   785    28  Total Score = 21,980

Club:

Comments:

* FT-2000 + SB221 (400-800w)
* N1MM + MMTTY
* 3 ele. tribander @ 45'
* 40M twin half-squares (US-VE/Asia)
* 80M elevated vertical

Flux: 65  | Ap: 11  | Kp: 1

Year  Qs  Mult Score
------------------------------
2008  77   28   21,980 HP  6hr
2007 278   75  215,625 HP 24hr
2006  77   29   27,405 LP  6hr
2005  55   29   18,995 LP  6hr
2004  83   41   37,105 LP 12hr

Not much activity, and typically bad propagation (for a suitable "this is
definitely as bad as it can get" comment, see posts from the previous two
years). Best run was 18 Qs, and that run only ever hit a peak rate of 27/hr.

Total time on was 3.37 hours. Didn't spend more than 40 minutes in any one
session though, as there just wasn't enough activity heard to warrant longer
stints. No 20M EU opening worth noting, though spots showed plenty of EU action
for those much farther east.

Two days without storms did allow me to get the 40M reversible phased
half-squares back in the air, reconfigured and repaired after T-storms wrecked
them last Monday evening just as the Canada Day test started. They're much less
vulnerable to wind stress now (famous last words, hi). They're a bit more toward
an E-W heading than the SE-NW heading before, but I did work UA0 on 40M late
last night, so I'm hoping it will still cover Asia.

Now to prepare for IARU. Conditions won't be good, so we'll be scratching for
every contact.  Hope to see you there!