[3830] IARU VE6EX SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dlazar@telusplanet.net
Subject: [3830] IARU VE6EX SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 19:22:54 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: VE6EX
Operator(s): VE6EX
Station: VE6EX

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: Banff AB
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:   17      2      5       2
   80:  170     57     10       6
   40:  355     98     19       9
   20:  257    129     13       7
   15:   20      1              2
   10:
-------------------------------------
Total:  819    287     49      24  Total Score = 241,955

Club: ALBERTA CLIPPERS

Comments:

Hi All:
   Well that was a new effort/setup outta town for me to try out the local
prop/chances Banff area.  1107qs', no eu at all on the high bands; not even a
whisper...
   40 was the best of all off wire in the trees; hi bands were off a th4 3el
tribander up just off the roof of the ski lodge with the rig in the basement
next to the furnace. No tvi complaints tho'with running an amp. I wanted to be
out of the lo pwr league for once and for all..

   VE6EX was::
   Kenwood TS 850sat with full inrads and onboard voice recorder for ssb.
   Kenwood TL 922 to ~800w keydown (except for 160 with 80m ant and rig
tuner);
   both ran great.
   dipole in the trees for 80, plus tuner for 160, loop for 40 and tribander
   for 20 and up.
   TRLOG did the real work perfectly as ever and I tried to stay awake.
   The contesting condx may not be the best but the skiing is
      ***Absolutely World Class***...
   Cheers, Dan VE6EX..