[3830] CQWW VHF N9TF SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW VHF N9TF SOAB QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 20:31:05 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest

Call: N9TF
Operator(s): N9TF
Station: N9TF

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): abt 7

    6:  68     28
    2:  30     10
-------------------
Total:  98     38  Total Score = 4,864

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Station conditions: TS-2000 set to 10 watts, 13B2 at 43 feet, A50-3S at 40feet.

Best layed plans fizzled. Missed prime operating time on Saturday from about
1945utc to about 0030utc for family gathering, and then again Sunday morning
from 1145utc to 1430utc to run a 5K race. Both times I left 6m was open, darn!

By the time I had some perminent chair time to spend Sunday just after 1700utc,
the propagation gods decided to flip the big switch off on both bands.

Local 2m activity was horrible, especially Sunday afternoon.

Wish more ops would venture down to CW portion of 6m with marginal E's prop. It
was disapointing to hear many ops to my W and SW stick it out on ssb, asking for
many repeats, and not getting the contact.

Dissapointed in what seemed to be poor turn out in numbers of activity.

73 Gene N9TF