[3830] NAQP CW VE3JM(@VE3RM) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3jm@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW VE3JM(@VE3RM) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2008 08:52:15 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: VE3JM
Operator(s): VE3JM
Station: VE3RM

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

  160:   35    15
   80:   80    29
   40:  214    46
   20:  244    48
   15:   95    23
   10:   89    25
-------------------
Total:  757   186  Total Score = 140,802

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Team: CCO Team Two

Comments:

Even though Don is still recovering, he let me operate from his station.

The rotator with Skyhawk tribander had been stuck for a while, pointing North.
I came to Don's two hours before the start of the contest to fix the rotator,
or at least to turn the antenna South-West. At that time a thunderstorm began
so the antenna was left pointing North.

The thunderstorm lasted for about six hours - including the first four hours of
the contest. I operated only fifteen minutes for the first two hours and was
wondering if the lightning will ever stop. Few minutes into the third hour
decided to start operating, no matter what - even though the lightning was very
close.

Since I couldn't use Skyhawk, I could only use TH5 that's tuned for SSB. It was
nice to see some activity on 10. But then I spent too much time there and there
was no time left for 15.

In the end - did worse than what I expected before the contest started, but
still better than with the way things were going in the first few hours. Many
thanks to Don for his hospitality.