[3830] OhQP W3AG Mobile LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w3ag.1@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] OhQP W3AG Mobile LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 19:51:10 -0700
                    Ohio QSO Party

Call: W3AG
Operator(s): W3AG
Station: W3AG

Class: Mobile LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 6

   80:
   40:  188     20
   20:
   15:
   10:
--------------------
Total:  188     20  CW Mults = 32  Ph Mults = 9  Total Score = 16,236

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Mobile contesting is a continuous learning experience. We travelled from
Pittsburgh to South Bend, while operating OQP from 14 Ohio counties along the
way. It was fun being on the business end of some pileups, and eventually I had
a 'following' of those looking for me in each succeeding county. Only worked 40m
so didn't get too many Ohio mults.  My high Q was 31 in Mahoning and the low was
only 4 Qs in Ottawa, because the Ohio Turnpike only runs through about 3 or 4
miles of Ottawa county. I was prepared to run 80 and 75, but the 40m and 80m
hamsticks didn't seem to coexist (i.e., tune-up) properly on opposite ends of
the van roof, so I opted for 40 and took down the 80. But I did at least manage
to double my score from last year and add a couple more counties to the route.