[3830] CaQP VA7ST SOFixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CaQP VA7ST SOFixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2008 15:29:13 -0700
                    California QSO Party

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: SOFixed HP
QTH: BC
Operating Time (hrs): 5.5

  160:    1      0
   80:   34     13
   40:   53     16
   20:   41      2
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
--------------------
Total:  129     31  Mults = 46  Total Score = 20,654

Club: British Columbia DX Club

Comments:

Conditions from BC to CA were rough on 20M but passable on 40M and 80M. Had
limited time this weekend so popped in and out when I could. Easily worked the
stations I could hear in a few minutes each time. Got on up the bands for a few
phone Qs, though should spend more time working the phone side.

Score is less than half of last year's, and my second-lowest CQP entry ever.

Year                            Qs   Sec Score
October-08  MIXED   SOHP        160  46  20,654
October-07  MIXED   SOHP        316  52  44,512
October-06  CW      SOLP        163  48  23,472
October-05  CW      SOLP        125  45  16,875
October-04  CW      SOABL       258  52  40,248
October-03  CW      SOABL       218  51  33,354
October-02  CW      SOABL       255  50  38,250

On 20M even with QRO and the yagi pointed due south, trying to get the
attention of CA stations seemed futile on either mode unless they happened to
be looking a bit northward or were vertically inclined.

Worked some of the rare counties early, thinking the others would appear but
never did hear them. Missed BUTT, COLU, DELN, GLEN, KERN, LASS, SBEN, SJOA,
SUTT, and TEHA. Yeesh -- heard LASS on phone once but he was S&P and gone.
(LASS and COLU are the ones I missed in both '07 and '08).

I really look forward to CQP and this one was fun, despite a disappointing Q
count and score.