[3830] RTTY Roundup WE9V Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup WE9V Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 18:32:46 -0800
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: WE9V
Operator(s): WE9V
Station: WE9V

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WI
Operating Time (hrs): 23
Radios: SO2R

------------
   80:  340
   40:  668
   20:  591
   15:   85
   10:
------------
Total: 1684  State/Prov = 57  Countries = 58  Total Score = 193,660

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

First semi-serious effort in this one, although I've
been doing this one on and off (mostly off) since 1995.
Really enjoyed the K3, although there's still some AFSK
issues Elecraft needs to sort out, but nothing really
crippling.  What a difference when listening on the 2nd
radio near the K3's 2nd harmonic (nearly no noise, other
than right at harmonic) versus TXing with the FT-1000D
and listening to all the noise tens of khz on each side
of the 2nd harmonic.  (Gotta get me a 2nd K3!)

Didn't work much DX, 135 EU on 20M, only 10 on 40M.
Notable Qs were HZ1PS on 20M and ZC4LI on 40M.  Rate
was good the entire contest, with Sunday staying above
60's.  Did manage a 100 clock hour and a few 90's.
Surprisingly, my 100 hour was at 05z (11pm local) on
40/80M.

Overall a great contest.  Difficult to find a frequency,
but once I did, was very easy to hold for hours which is
pleasant.  15M wasn't very good from here, worse on Sunday.
Stuck to 40M mostly, just like in Sweepstakes.

73, thanks for the Qs, and Happy New Year,
Chad WE9V
http://www.we9v.com