[3830] NAQP SSB K5NZ Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k5nz@aol.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB K5NZ Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 06:43:21 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: K5NZ
Operator(s): K5NZ
Station: K5NZ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: tx
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

  160:   48    30
   80:  323    51
   40:  169    46
   20:  614    51
   15:   17     6
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total: 1172   185  Total Score = 216,820

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Team: CTDXCC Phonies #1

Comments:

Well my hunting trip fell apart so tried my first real SO effort in this
contest.
10-nada, 15-nadaâ?¦..  Iâ??m sure 20 being long was an advantage for me.  I
couldnâ??t believe how many Qâ??s I made there.  Took an hour off during the
usual transition from 20-40 at  2300, when I returned 40 was so long I never
worked any of my usual close in mults!  And by 0130 it was like someone had
flipped a switch and just turned 40 off.  Had some unbelievable rate on 80 from
here, it was long too and being able to work the low part of the band in the
clear really helped.  160 was so packed from 1835-up I knew I was going to have
trouble and my antenna doesnâ??t work above about 1860 so I stayed with rate on
80 and moved all my mults to 1804 below all the CW and in clear.  Worked
perfect!  Think I only missed one move that I tried.

Thanks to all of those that were happy to QSY! Thatâ??s what makes the NAQP,
and enjoyable banter with the likes of K1DG, W4NZ,  K7SS, K0RC and others!  ;)