[3830] CQ160 CW W4NF Single Op Assisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, john.omara@oakmgmt.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW W4NF Single Op Assisted HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 16:57:01 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: W4NF
Operator(s): W4NF
Station: W4NF

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 28

Total:  QSOs = 1272  State/Prov = 57  Countries = 69  Total Score = 656,964

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

That was a Blast!  The conditions were excellent and everything worked.  Of
course I didn't get any sleep before the contest and stopped at 2:30AM on
Saturday morning and took a 2 hour nap and then got back up at 4AM and went
until about 7AM.  I made it through until about 4AM on Sunday morning before I
hit the sack again.

The best part of the contest was the pileups from EU that resulted in 300
10-Pointers.  Canada really helped out also with 71 of the the 90 5-Pointers.

On the Monday before the contest I put down 20 more radials under the Inverted
L for a total of 60 which equates to about 6000' of radial wire.  They seemed
to help with the runs.  The NW/SE and NE/SW Reversible Beverages really helped
out also.  Thanks for all the Qs and I'll see you in the next one.  73, Jack
W4NF