[3830] XE RTTY VA7ST SO1R HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] XE RTTY VA7ST SO1R HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 15:05:25 -0800 (PST)
                    Mexico RTTY International Contest

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: SO1R HP
QTH: BC
Operating Time (hrs): 12

   80:   43  129     6
   40:   14   44     4
   20:  238  721    43
   15:
   10:
------------------------
Total:  295  894    53  Total Score = 47,382

Club: British Columbia DX Club

Comments:

* FT2000 + SB221
* N1MM Logger + MMTTY
* Tribander at 45'
* 40M twin half-squares E-W
* 80M twin verticals E-W

SFI = 71 | A = 2  | K = 1

A bit of a shakeout for WPX RTTY next weekend. Put in just shy of 12 hours,
some LP but mostly HP, and all of it in casual contesting mode. I took plenty
of breaks to allow for a lingering head cold to fade out, after knocking me for
a loop Thursday and Friday.

Tried a bit of NA Sprint CW in the middle, which cost me all of 40M prime time
and probably 100 Qs and a dozen mults. By the time I bailed out of the sprint,
40M was toast. Figured 80M would be pretty good after working EA8 as a first Q,
but it was very slow going with rather few RTTY stations to work.

Got a few W/XE 40M QSOs early on Sunday morning waiting for the EU opening on
20M. Signals over the pole were scratchy at first, but firmed up and the
opening was quite good -- not a huge number of mults but a steady stream of
callers. Opening lasted from 1530z to about 1715z.

Workd 23 XE contacts, vs. 9 last year. Overall, activity seemed pretty good,
especially on 20M Sunday morning. Just a few points short of a second-best ever
outing, and another hour of energetic in S&P work on 40M early Saturday evening
would easily have provided the mults for a personal best in this one.

Looking forward to this one next year with 15M and 10M providing a bit of
action. Should be great fun having to figure out when to be where again.

Year   QSO  Pts  Mults   Score
2009:  295  894    53   47,382 HP
2008:   82  255    17    4,335 HP
2007:  318  963    67   64,521 HP