[3830] NA Sprint CW VA7ST HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW VA7ST HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 16:21:02 -0800 (PST)
                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 2.5

   80:   58
   40:   77
   20:   12
---------------------

Club: British Columbia DX Club

Team:

Comments:

* FT2000 + SB221
* 3-element tribander at 30'
* 40M twin half-squares E-W
* 80M twin elevated wire verticals E-W

Got on late, missing first half hour or so but still eager to get a few on 20M
before the QSO store closed there. Wheels didn't start turning until I moved
from 20M to 40M at 0051z.

Went to 80M at 0206z and stayed there till knocking off at 0257z.

Felt guilty for not being on 40M RTTY grabbing Qs and mults I couldn't really
afford to miss if I wanted to beat my previous best in FMRE XE RTTY. Heard the
RYers in there when I climbed up into the .040s and wondered how far ahead of
me they were getting :)

Thought about stopping after 100 sprint contacts, but kept going. Although it's
not a high score, it's the best I've managed in a February CW Sprint. Log
checking will probably knock the stuffing out of the score, but I had a good
time.

February CW Sprints      Qs    Mults    Score
February-09     SOHP    147     34      4,998
February-08     SOHP     63     22      1,386
February-05     SOLP    100     32      3,200
February-04     SOLP     66     17      1,122

September CW Sprints     Qs    Mults    Score
September-07    SOHP    230     44     10,120
September-06    SOLP    166     40      6,640
September-04    SOLP     46     22      1,012
September-03    SOLP     31     15        465