[3830] ARRLDX CW N7NM SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, thenewt@msn.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N7NM SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 20:55:23 -0800 (PST)
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N7NM
Operator(s): N7NM
Station: N7NM

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Gig Harbor, WA
Operating Time (hrs): 28

  160:    0     0
   80:   66    27
   40:  104    45
   20:  519    85
   15:   61    29
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  750   186  Total Score = 417,942

Club:

Comments:

Now that was fun!! Extended openings into EU, incredible
participation from JA (48% of my Q's - Thanks Guys!!!), and
many surprises made for a most satisfying contest. As usual,
my pathetic antenna situation really hurt me on the low
bands. This will hopefully change this summer when the 72'
crankup currently sitting in the driveway is finally installed.
Managed 27 countries on 80m on a wire which, I found out
too late, was literally laying on the roof. On 40, fastened one
element of my, again soon to be installed, 40m beam to the tower
under the TH6 and it worked pretty good gathering in 45 countries
including 9 from EU - a first for me. Hats off to the ears
on those guys!!
No antenna on 160m, nothing heard on 10m (checked every hour or so),
and marginal conditions on 15m so 20m was the money band as usual.
Also finally was able to take advantage of my newly upgraded license
and callsign - a whole new world!
Also, apologies are in order to the many I cut out from in the middle
of a Q - my keyer is really flaking out and I had to reboot more times
than I can count on fingers and toes!
Thanks for the Q's and see you all in the next non-ssb contest!
 73, Doug - N7NM (formerly KD7GTI, still not used to the change!)