[3830] NA Sprint RTTY N2EIK HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint RTTY N2EIK HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 09:33:07 -0700
                    NA Sprint RTTY Contest

Call: N2EIK
Operator(s): N2EIK
Station: N2EIK

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Kingston,NY
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:   31       2
   40:   73       2
   20:    0       0
---------------------

Club: Hudson Valley Contesters and DXers

Team:

Comments:

Almost the contest from hell.

I was prepared and ready to rock at 0000 Zulu. Called cq and only worked 4
stations and thought I was going to be bored the rest of the night. Called cq
for ten minutes, no takes and someone came back and told me they thought they
missed the start of the test. We "both" figured out my Radio interface program
was not using the correct time offset and I was calling AN HOUR EARLY!
I messed around trying to figure out why HRD was not correcting for DST and the
contest started. I switched bands to 80 meter at every other or  every 3rd
transmission I would hear an arc, my Kenwood TSB2K would lock up and my
software would freeze. I was not happy.
Ok, I was actually cursing and ranting. I found a loose PL259 going from the
amp to the Antenna tuner. Problem solved. Then I couldn't figure out why people
were getting p/o at  me and some nice guy (really, he was nice, not rude and
thats always a "plus" in my book.) reminded me of the QSY
rule....Duuuuuuuhhhhhh.

Hell.....I wasnt even drinking! I swear someone in the house flipped my
"instant lid" switch on.

Anyway, I did figure out the DST/zulu issue this morning. Had to run a MS patch
and RE install SP3.

John N2EIK