[3830] EU Sprint CW LY9A LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, LY9A@takas.lt
Subject: [3830] EU Sprint CW LY9A LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 05:00:24 -0700
                    EU Spring Sprint, CW

Call: LY9A
Operator(s): LY9A
Station: LY9A

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Birzai
Operating Time (hrs): 1.36

   80:  45
   40:  38
   20:   0
---------------------
Total:  83    Total Score = 83

Club: Kaunas University of Technology Radio Club

Comments:

My original intention this year was to participate in all 4 EU Sprint 2009
contests full time. Unfortunately, life made it's major correction to it. We
had to participate in very sad event instead. Members of our club get together
in Kaunas to say last good bye to one of our best friends, radio elmers for
many of us, Arvydas, LY2OO. He was one of the main organisers of the first
Multi op contest expeditions in former USSR (4L7A back in 1966), long time
operator of our club station (UP2KNP, UK2PAF, UK2PCR, UP1BZO, LY2ZO, LY7A), one
of the main persons during further club contest expeditions (UF6A, EW6V, RF3V).
Almost 50 years ago Arvydas was introduced to the CW code and liked it so much.
He switched over from volleyball (He was a member of Lithuanian national
volleyball team at that time)to the radio sport for the rest of His life.
Arvydas (Arwi) loved idea of European Sprint contests and took part in these
events many times.
RIP my friend.

Returned from Arvydas funeral ceremony just in time to make some QSO in EU
Sprint.

73!Gedas, LY9A

P.S. FT1000MP, 80 M band dipole.