[3830] IOTA K9NW(@K9UWA) SO24Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k9nw@qth.com
Subject: [3830] IOTA K9NW(@K9UWA) SO24Mixed HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 17:43:17 -0700
                    IOTA Contest

Call: K9NW
Operator(s): K9NW
Station: K9UWA

Class: SO24Mixed HP
QTH: Indiana
Operating Time (hrs): 23.5

   80:   25       15       1       1
   40:  170       68      63      24
   20:  477       88     219      50
   15:    6        2       0       0
   10:    0        0       0       0
Total:  678      173     283      75  Total Score = 1,802,712

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

With nothing heard at all on 10m, and virtually nothing on 15m, this was a 20m
event until evening when 40 started to produce QSOs.  It was very slow going
early on.  The EU stations were busy working each other and it was hard to
break through the piles on their end, so I tried to keep busy searching out the
North American IOTA ops on every band/mode possible.  (And in between QSOs I was
able to make arrangements for a couple upcoming work trips...)

Finally condx began to improve mid-afternoon and I was able to start adding a
bunch of EU mults to the total.  20 stayed open late and 40 was very good for a
while too, aside from QRN from thunderstorms.  I may have arrived a bit late to
the party on 40 but 20 was playing well.

Thanks to RSGB for sponsoring this fun event and to all the IOTA
DXpeditioners....great job!

And, as always, thanks to John and Jean!

73, Mike K9NW