[3830] NCCC Sprint K6VVA LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, b38@hilding.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K6VVA LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 21:43:20 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint - August 27

Call: K6VVA
Operator(s): K6VVA
Station: K6VVA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Locust Peak (Remote)
Operating Time (hrs): .5
Radios: SO2R

  160:
   80:   3      2
   40:  19     17
   20:  22     14
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  44     33  Total Score = 1,452

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Bad QRN on 20m tonight from some rural area powerline source still not
determined.  Heard several signals respond to my CQ's but so sorry I just could
not copy callsigns buried in the nasty crud.

Early in the game it looked like it would be another 60 Q night, but then came
the downhill spiral when everyone vacated 20m.  Most signals were pretty weak
here on 40m.  Didn't hear N6ZFO or W0YK tonight but did connect with N6RO for
my only 80m CA QSO.  Also worked a very QRS K7SS tonight on 40m {GRIN}.

Welcome back to N3BB from his whirlwind trip, and Bon Voyage to W1FJ heading
for Bermuda for 2 weeks!!!

Along with Jim/K1TN, it appears John/K0TG may have a new career as a Comedy
Writer :^)  Phunnie.

Wazzzzup with all those police cars keeping N3ZL from operating the NS?  I'd
suggest calling the Police Department to try and find out what's brewing (and
let them know you have an important APPOINTMENT there on Thursday Nights !!!).

Apologies to KE0G who responded to a 20m CQ but for some unknown reason my CW
keying wouldn't work that time.  Kept pushing keys and throwing switches and
someone was back in business.

Nice to see Bud/VA7ST back-in-the-saddle again, and Tnx for the 2 bander (our
last Q was on 80 which started BEFORE 0300 UTC but completed after the turn of
the clock).

After the 3rd station tried to dupe me tonight, I had brain-lock wondering if
Dupes were back in style and I had messed up.  Guess several didn't get the
proverbial Memo that we are now in NO DUPES mode (or had Senior Moments like
I've experienced).

73 & Tnx for the Q's & Mults...

Rick, K6VVA * The Locust