[3830] CQ WW RTTY NO2T SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, no2t@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY NO2T SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 08:45:10 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: NO2T
Operator(s): NO2T
Station: NO2T

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: NJ
Operating Time (hrs): 30

   80:   96   123       31      11     9
   40:  228   448       41      52    17
   20:  772  2009       37      71    26
   15:   56   114       14      24    15
   10:
Total: 1152  2694      123     158    67  Total Score = 937,512

Club: Bergen Amateur Radio Assn.

Comments:

Started slow, but picked up fast. Saturday was fun! Running on 20 with the rate
meter over 120/ hour was so so good. Wish that I could have held it there for
the entire contest. Saturday eve (local time) was a bad. First my 80 meter
dipole developed a short, followed by the 40 meter one. Very high humidity with
not enough rain to wash the insulators may have been the culprit. The net result
was no operation on 80 and only a few watts (about 60) on 40 meters. Sunday
afternoon and evening also the antennas were poor. Therefor the major effort
was 20 meters. The band, here in New Jersey, opened early and lasted a long
time into the evenings.
Lost much time trying to find out what was wrong with the low band antennas.
Fortunately did not damage the amplifier. It (Acom 1000) ran at 600 to 800
watts with no problems.
Most important, thank you for all the QSO's. Thannk you for putting up with and
answering my weak signals on 40 meters on Sunday evening(local time).
One big problem that must be noted. Many stations did not tune to my signal. I
ran with 300 hertz pass band using an SDR-1000 with very very steep skirts. If
you were more than 50 Hertz off frequency could not decode your signals. Had to
use AFC on receive. This means it took time to lock onto your signals which
slowed down the QSO rate. Please try to tune close to the signal before
answering. Many stations are not in log because of this off frequency tuning.
Hope to see you again in the contests - Jerry NO2T