[3830] SS CW VE4EAR Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW VE4EAR Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2009 20:29:37 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: VE4EAR
Operator(s): VE4EAR
Station: VE4EAR

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 12

------------
  160:    3
   80:   82
   40:  101
   20:  125
   15:   26
   10:    0
------------

Club:

Comments:

Well I first have to apologize to all the folks that I wasn't able to work. CW
is still a developing skill. I have a near impossible time working a pile up
especially when everyone is S9+ and all on the same frequency. I just can't
separate calls! So I am really sorry I had to run away from the pileups, it
will give me nightmares for days I am sure. I hope one of the VE4's on made it
into your log.

Another part time effort spent mostly S&P looking to complete CW WAS while
having fun. Conditions on 80m were the best I can remember at least in the past
3 years. Low noise and good signals everywhere. 40 and 20m were in good shape as
well with 15m open long, just to the extreme east coast, FL and CA areas.

One of the highligts was working KV4FZ for the VI mult (and new DXCC) on 160m.

Made the sweep but not sure it will hold up under log checking. Worked a couple
VE5 stations on 20m that were ESP mode. Hopefully I didn't bust the QSO.

My last one for the sweep...VE4 of course. Heard KE0Z/VE4 several times on all
bands but he was weak being so close and was always working a pileup. I could
never get his attention until I found him low on 40m at 22:45. Somehow he heard
me and we exchanged VE4 mults.

The magical thing that separates sweepstakes frm all other contests is the
personal emotion that comes with it. This is truly one contest where big gun or
little pistol, everyone is searching for the elusive "SWEEP". You may not win a
section but the sweep is a goal within reach. Even though this is CW, you can
hear the emotion in the other party when you give them a sweep. Congratulations
to all that achieved their goals!

See you in a couple weeks for SSB-SS

Ed

VE4EAR