[3830] ARRL 160 W1UE(@W1KM) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, W1UE@ARRL.NET
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 W1UE(@W1KM) Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 08:11:19 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: W1UE
Operator(s): W1UE
Station: W1KM

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MA
Operating Time (hrs): 33.5

Total:  QSOs = 1683  Sections = 78  Countries = 57  Total Score = 600,210

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

What a great time!  This score would have been top US SO score last year, this
year I hope it just makes the Top 5!

Missed NWT (expected) and PR (how did I miss it?).  Last 2 sections worked were
NNY and AK.  Best DX was A7/M0FGA and RX0AE.  Never heard VK, ZL, or JA, and
never heard anything that wasn't worked.  It will be interesting to see what
was on that I missed.

Made a total of 360 5-point QSOs, including 335 into Europe.  Went to sleep
Saturday morning with 1075Q x 127M, so added another 608 Qs and 8 mults after
2000Z on Saturday.  While Saturday was clearly the better day for conditions,
the European sunrise "bump" on Sunday was much better than Saturday's; I only
wish I could determine that it was the frequency that I was parked on Sunday
that made the difference.

Saturday, I used the K3 in traditional mode: beverage to the Rx antenna, 4sq
into the Main antenna.  On Sunday, I changed up and tried the Rx Diversity
Function.  I was very impressed with the added spatial effect of the diversity;
while I'm not sure I worked anything that I wouldn't have worked normally, the
diversity Rx seemed to make it easier for me to pick out weak stations and get
them on the first call.  Its a keeper.

Thanks for all the fun and the Qs, and a special thanks to Greg W1KM for the
use of his great station.

Dennis W1UE