[3830] ARRL 160 VA7ST Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 VA7ST Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 11:09:04 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: BC
Operating Time (hrs): 7.5

Total:  QSOs = 153  Sections = 52  Countries = 1  Total Score = 16,377

Club: British Columbia DX Club

Comments:

Could hear all the juicy mults and tons of activity but almost nobody could hear
me. The inverted-L "should" work fine -- 75' vertical, 60' horizontal, three
elevated radials 135' long, SWR minimum at 1830.

Soil here is pretty much a gravel pit -- so with very poor conductivity, the
too-few and too-low elevated radials aren't doing it. Will have to put down a
radial system on the lawn next spring. Can't be worse that this dog.

In 2007 I made 355 contacts, 75 states/provs/countries and 54,140 points, but
back then I had 36 short radials on the ground (most were 30' long, about four
were 60' long). This weekend: just 153 contacts, 53 multipliers and only 16,377
points.

Will see if anything improves in the Stew Perry TBDC. Here's hoping.

Thanks to many for digging me out of the noise.

-- Bud VA7ST