[3830] CQ160 CW K6NV Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6nv@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW K6NV Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 20:48:38 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: K6NV
Operator(s): K6NV
Station: K6NV

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Truckee, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 9.25

Total:  QSOs = 320  State/Prov = 43  Countries = 4  Total Score = 35,438

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Friday evening had great conditions with a no local noise, but had a social
event with my wife.  got home at 10:30 and ran until midnight.  Had a event I
had to go to on Saturday morning, so no late night.  But I got up at 6:30 Sat
morning and was called by 2 JA's which surprised me.  Heard no EU at all.

Sat night the conditions did not seem as good, I did not feel very loud, could
not get much of a run going at all, spent a lot of time S&P, but not real
productive.  A lot of local noise.  On the vetical S-9+ at times, but on the
K9AY loop with the preamp off down to S-2, but still I missed a lot.

Some very loud signals, you would think they were next door, even though in the
mid-west.

I had challenged myself to beat my Q total on the ARRL 160m contest, but fell
about 240 short, but if I stayed up past mid-night for the night shift I might
have done it.

Lineup:

FT-1000 MP
AL-80b at 800w
Transmit Ant: "L" at about 70' with a dozen random radials under 3' of snow
Receive Ant:  K9AY Loop