[3830] ARRLDX CW W5RU(@KN5O) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kn5o@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW W5RU(@KN5O) M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 06:47:33 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W5RU
Operator(s): K1DW DL7FER KN5O
Station: KN5O

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Covington, LA
Operating Time (hrs): 43

  160:   35    25
   80:  182    54
   40:  603    95
   20:  625   102
   15:  764    94
   10:   61    28
-------------------
Total: 2270   398  Total Score = 2,710,380

Club: Louisiana Contest Club

Comments:

Felix, DL7FER, visited our area for the first time.  He was attending a
conference in New Orleans and asked to operate in the contest while he was in
town.  We were more than happy to oblige and host him for most of the weekend
at the QTH.  He now has a better appreciation for operating a DX contest from
the sourthern part of the USA.  Many thanks for all his help and insights.

As to band conditions, 15M was in great shape to our area, unlike last year.
10M offered some hope, but still dissapointing.  Our quickly-installed 160M
dipole at 70' played about as well as could be expected.  Unfortunately the
beverages for 160M & 80M have not been operational due to recent changes.  80M
was better for us this year, but we had less mults.  40M and 20M were decent.
Since we had more "seat time" and the propagation was improved, it represented
a tripling of our score from last year.

Thanks to all who worked us and for being there.

73,
W5RU

Felix, DL7FER
Dallas, K1DW