[3830] ARRLDX SSB K1TO SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k1to@aol.com, fcg@kkn.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB K1TO SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 01:49:06 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K1TO
Operator(s): K1TO
Station: K1TO

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: FL
Operating Time (hrs): 31

  160:   39    31
   80:  163    59
   40:  454    67
   20: 1149    99
   15:  742    83
   10:   40    10
-------------------
Total: 2587   349  Total Score = 2,708,589

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Another fun ARRL SSB in the books!  Once again, a seemingly endless stream of
Europeans.  The key, though, was that the main source of line noise (that
ruined the Oct-Nov-Dec contest season here) has been fixed.

With 4 hours to go before the contest, I discovered that both 160 and 75 were
not working at all (a downside to not operating outside of contests).  Cobbled
together solutions to both, finishing just moments before the start.

Many thanks to Chris, WF3C for lending his voice keyer.

Ran into a bunch of old friends this time and enjoyed the ability to share a
brief QSO -- so much easier to do so than on CW.

Certainly, 15 Meters was finally better.  Even ran a few Japanese stations for

the first time in many years.

With just one radio, missed most of the closer-in stuff on 10.  I've never
gotten SO2R working here on SSB.  Some day...

Several annoying frequency disputes, including one from a very well-known
station who was a full 2.1 Khz below me and another from someone who moved in
on me, then vehemently insisted that *I* was the one moving in on him.  Then
there's the station who believes that a personal 6 Khz swath is deserved...

Enjoyed working many stations on multiple bands.  Too many FB QSOs to list
here.  Thanks to everyone for participating and particularly to those who
persisted through the QRM until we could complete the QSO!

73, Dan, K1TO