[3830] VaQP WK4P SOAB/Mixed QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] VaQP WK4P SOAB/Mixed QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 20:24:26 -0700
                    Virginia QSO Party

Call: WK4P
Operator(s): WK4P
Station: WK4P

Class: SOAB/Mixed QRP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    0      0      0
   80:   15     22      5
   40:   14     43      1
   20:    0      0      0
   15:    0      0      0
   10:    0      0      0
    6:    0      0      0
    2:    0      0      0
  UHF:    0      0      0
----------------------------
Total:   29     65      6  Mults = 51  Total Score = 7,487

Club: Appalachian Contesters

Comments:

Almost forgot about the VaQP. Spent Saturday building hurdles for my doberman
and didn't get started until after 7:00 local time. Oh well, My 5 watts
probably wouldn't have gotten through the early pileups anyway.

I don't know why I punish myself by running QRP sometimes, but I do. Sometimes
its frustrating when someone with a 20 over signal can't hear me. But then
again I know it'll make me a better op and more observant of band condx.

Forty was amazing late Sunday afternoon. I kept trying to work my friend KC4VT
is Wise County, but he was S5 or so, his usual strength on 40, so I didn't
expect him to hear my massive 5 watts. As the afternoon wore on I expected the
band to get longer and gary, about 65 crow miles away, to get weaker. But as a
front came through and the wind and rain began to pick up close stations became
louder. KC4VT reached 20 over S9, I've never heard Gary that loud on 40 meters.
I finally go KC4VT and I added DIC and TAZ, two other counties close to my NWNC
home. It was a joy to be part of the strange, but good, band condx.

Thanks to all the stations for taking the time and making the effort to pull
out my qrp signal. Sometimes it's just fun to see what 5 watts and a wire can
do.

Peace and 73
Adam WK4P...The Powerless.