[3830] WPX SSB KX5A(@K5XA) SOAB(A) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k5xa@godfather-ridge.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB KX5A(@K5XA) SOAB(A) LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 21:15:48 -0700

------------

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Rig: Elecraft K3
Antennas: F12 C31-XR @129', F12 C31-XR @81' (fixed NE), F12 Mag 240N@135',
Fritzel OCF Dipole @40'
Software: N1MM Logger V9.9.6

Soapbox :
Had a great time! And I earned alot about my new K3, and the interface to N1MM.
Had some antenna issues - the yagi array with the C31 and 240N wouldn't turn due
to lightning damage to the rotor, and the antennas were pointed to 315. The
other C31 is side-mounted fixed to 45 degrees. So I spent alot of time
switching VFOs with and without N1MM (sometimes on purpose, sometimes
accidentially), and switching antennas via the K3 switch or the RCS8_V. And I
even managed to load the old Fritzel OCF dipole on 160 enough for 4 stateside
Qs.