[3830] 7QP N8XX SOCW QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n8xx@arrl.org
Subject: [3830] 7QP N8XX SOCW QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 2 May 2010 18:39:32 -0700
                    7th Call Area QSO Party

Call: N8XX
Operator(s): N8XX
Station: N8XX

Class: SOCW QRP
QTH: MICHIGAN
Operating Time (hrs): 4

  160:   0      0       0
   80:   0      0       0
   40:   0      0       0
   20:   5      0       0
   15:   0      0       0
   10:   0      0       0
    6:   0      0       0
    2:   0      0       0
----------------------------
Total:   5      0       0  Mults = 5  Total Score = 50

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Nothing about which to brag, but I entered the NEIN7QP using N1MM Logger, but
only after attending a hamfest and a QCWA luncheon, plus building a new
antenna.

First time I used N1MM, couldn't figure out its idiosycracies, so sent a panic
e-mail query to a couple e-mail reflectors, and started logging manually.  A
few minutes later I learned the quirks of N1MM from fellow hams, entered the
few Q's into the log, and started using it.

Was surprized that 20 metres stayed open until after 0300Z, wide enough open so
folks could copy my meagre 5 Watts and dipole antenna.  I gave up about that
time to get some ZZ's.  Didn't work many 7 landers, because 20 was also open to
New England, and 80/75 was wide open to Indiana.

Anyway, this is my meagre entry into a FB QSO party - hope to be able to devote
more time next year.