[3830] SS SSB VA7ST Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB VA7ST Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 21:30:35 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: BC
Operating Time (hrs): 11

------------
  160:
   80:   80
   40:   23
   20:  371
   15:   80
   10:
------------

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Yagi and 40M dipole were at 27' thanks to breezy condx this weekend. Snowed
lightly almost full time.

Had more mults last year with low power, and had to work hard to push past last
year's score. Not even close to my 2008 personal best.

Lower bands sounded like they were working, but couldn't get much activity
going, especially on 40M.

Check "82" doesn't get out at all. Had a huge percentage of fill requests for
that, again.

Hope BC wasn't too rare this year. Heard VE7CC with big numbers, but never
could work him so that's one mult missed (of too many). Also missed VT, PR, SC,
EWA ID and AB.

Great to say hello again to so many I meet through the year in the CW and RTTY
tests. And a special tip of the hat to the old-timers sounding so good after so
many Sweepstakes.

Heard surprisingly few dust-ups, considering the overcrowding on 20M. Hope
Santa brings a new AC0C roofing filter (well, this spring) for the FT-2000.
Good radio, but sure needs the aftermarket mod for phone contesting.

Year-over-year...

November-09 SOHP 11hr   554     73       80,884
November-09 SOLP 16hr   500     74       74,000
November-08 SOHP 16hr   753     78      117,468
November-07 SOHP 11hr   421     77       64,834

Now on to CQWW CW, the biggest event of the year on my contest calendar.

-- Bud VA7ST

http://www3.telus.net/va7st

The NEW Orca DX and Contest Club...
http://orcadxcc.org