[3830] NAQP CW NK7U(KL9A) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, chriskl9a@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW NK7U(KL9A) Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2011 22:36:59 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: NK7U
Operator(s): KL9A
Station: NK7U

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs): 9:56
Radios: SO2R

  160:   99    42
   80:  250    53
   40:  295    50
   20:  301    56
   15:  283    46
   10:  103    28
-------------------
Total: 1331   275  Total Score = 366,025

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Team:

Comments:

Great to see 10m open, however brief!

Very strange bands in eastern OR.  My normal offtime strategy was shot to hell
from the start, and I think I probably messed the first one up.  40 wasn't very
good until after sunset, which is strange.  20 never really sounded GREAT, just
kind of so-so.  No huge +40db signals from anyone...quite unusual.

All the ops were super FB this weekend!  Lots of moving going on, which was
great.  We setup a sixpak for the first time here, and it really helped moving
to bands that I wasn't on with the 2nd radio.

Felt like I was struggling to do the 2 radio thing for a couple hours, and
finally got it figured out.  Lots of op errors, sorry if I screwed up your QSO.

Thanks to everyone for the Q's and the moves.  NAQP is great because it's all
about rate, and using that 2nd radio to slam the mults!

Great scores by N6MJ and N5KO, and others I'm sure I haven't heard.  Dang, what
a horse race!  Nice to work N9RV for MT on 5 bands.

Thanks to Joe and Sharon for the usual great hospitality.  Also thanks to
Scott, K7ZO, for all the computer work and behind the scenes stuff here at
NK7U.  Every station needs a "guru" and Scott does a great job!

73,
Chris KL9A