[3830] NAQP CW NQ4I Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nq4i@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW NQ4I Single Op QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2011 03:16:01 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: NQ4I
Operator(s): NQ4I
Station: NQ4I

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Griffin, Ga
Operating Time (hrs): 7.5

  160:   30    18
   80:   92    34
   40:  125    37
   20:  107    32
   15:   56    21
   10:    7     4
-------------------
Total:  417   146  Total Score = 61,028

Club: South East Contest Club

Team: SECC #2

Comments:

2011 is starting my 50th year in Amateur Radio, and in 50 years I have NEVER
operated a contest QRP!! Thats right NQ4I was QRP! My good friend W4DD talked
me into it, and I set all the rigs to 5 Watts! 5 Whiskies! And in all honesty,
I operated like I was running 1500W! I RAN stations on all 6 bands! I would
have never thought it was possible.....I got manhandled a lot of times, because
a lot of stations thought my run frequencies were primo territory...so I had to
be flexible....there were times that the 10 qso run rate was over 100
qso/hr...who would have ever thought that! I had registered as P/T in this
contest, but it turned pretty serious for me...I never ever thought this was
possible with 5 Watts...on 20 meters, I used the large 8 over 5 over 5 stack in
three directions...thats right 1.67 watts to each antenna! Now that is using a
flashlight to communicate! I had more fun busting pileups and running when I
could in this contest...needless to say I may do this again!!! Hi

Thanks for all the qso's and fun....de Rick NQ4I/qrp
Rigs and antennae
160m TenTec Orion and 3 by 38 wave top loaded verticals and phased staggered
beverages
80m TenTec Orion and a 4 square and phased staggered beverages
40m TenTec Orion and 3 over 3 stack and phased staggered beverages
20m TenTec Orion and 8/5/5 stack
15m FT1000MP and 6 el yagi at 125 ft(MULT station Run stack is down for
repair)
10m TenTec Orion and 7/7/7/7 stack
To change bands I had to physically get out of the seat and move over to
another station.