[3830] RTTY Roundup N1SNB Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup N1SNB Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2011 15:33:40 -0800
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: N1SNB
Operator(s): N1SNB
Station: N1SNB

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Haverhill, MA
Operating Time (hrs): 5

------------
   80:    0
   40:  140
   20:  174
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  314  State/Prov = 45  Countries = 24  Total Score = 21,666

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Operated NAQP as the primary contest of the weekend - this, however, was way
(way) more fun.  Too bad I didn't put more time in.  I will plan a major effort
next year for this contest.

I'm not a RTTY regular.  I occasionally RTTY-it-up during some of the major
events.  This was my first participation in the Round Up in 17 years of amateur
radio.  Every time, I operate a RTTY event - I feel like the % of callsigns I
work that I've never worked before gets larger and larger.  I don't think I can
say the same for many CW contests.

I really struggled figuring out MMTTY,  I couldn't change my exchange - so I
sent everyone 599-MA-05.  I'm sure everyone appreciated learning my CQ zone.
Every time I do a RTTY event, I need to re-learn the software, figure out the
sound card interface to get going.  I need to these events more often!

On Sunday evening, I thought signals were quite good on 40m.  While CQing, I
was getting S9+ callers from Europe and California and everywhere in between.

Some fun facts from my 314 QSOs:

30 QSOs were with Minnesota stations, the next nearest state was IL with 17
QSOs. I swear everyone was S9+.

My best 10 minute rate was 102; 60 minute rate was 80.  As a point of
comparison in NAQP on Saturday my best 10 minute rate was 80; 60 minute rate
was 70.

Thanks everyone for the contacts.  It was really an enjoyable way to spend a
Sunday.