[3830] RTTY Roundup ES5TF(@ES5EC) M/S LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup ES5TF(@ES5EC) M/S LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 13:33:03 -0800
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: ES5TF
Operator(s): ES5TF
Station: ES5EC

Class: M/S LP
QTH: Tartu
Operating Time (hrs): 10:40

------------
   80:   70
   40:   26
   20:   45
   15:   62
   10:    0
------------
Total:  203  State/Prov = 15  Countries = 43  Total Score = 11,774

Club:

Comments:

I planned to work mostly Asia and US during the contest (mostly for new DXCC),
but the propagation on 20m and 15m was not that good at all. During the Sunday
evening I decided to give a try and worked on 80m - not an easy task for
center-of-town station where noise level without preamp is about S3-5. To my
great surprise I was able to work even couple of US stations, thank you for
their patience! Propagation on 80m was not bad, usually EA, F and G stations
are very rare to hear. This time I ended up with couple of "pileups" giving
QSO-rate exceeding 100 QSO/hr in 10-15 min bursts.

Tribander did fine job on 20m and 15m bands (10m was absolutely dead all the
time I checked) and seems that 80m delta loop between buildings is not
completely useless for DXing, too. Our club's Kenwood TS-2000 pushed out about
100 W and that was more than enough, only on 80m I really missed more power
because several distant stations I was able to decode did not hear me at all.

73 de Tõnis, ES5TF