[3830] NCCC Sprint K6VVA LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K6VVA LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 20:18:05 -0800
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Jan14

Call: K6VVA
Operator(s): K6VVA
Station: K6VVA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Locust Peak (Remote)
Operating Time (hrs): .5
Radios: SO2R

  160:   5      5
   80:  13     10
   40:  25     18
   20:   2      1
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  45     34  Total Score = 1,530

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

ATTENTION:

2011 LQP (Locust QSO Party)Rules are finally UP for next week at:

http://www.k6vva.com/lqp

The LQP has proven to be a good recruitment tool for the NS events.  Hope to
see a lot of NS'ers next Wednesday Night.  YOU might win an NCJ Subscription
this year :^)

Finally back to NS this evening for the first time over 4 months.  Lower back
problems are much less, and the new whiz bang Orthopedic cushion has helped a
lot.  However nothing has taken place on Locust Peak since last Summer...same
old antennas and still SO1.1R ;-(

I felt like a fish out of water tonight after getting a radio keying problem
resolved a minute before the start. Didn't even start setting up until 0220 UTC
and had to re-learn how to use the remote/NS. Talk about out-of-practice!

20m was in the tank, and a slug fest on 40m.  I QLF'd and apologies for calling
out of turn once.  Also QLF tried to dupe K0UK on 160m - sorry, Bill.

Gotta get used to the new N7XU callsign, Dick - congrats on getting it. Amazed
to work W0BH on 160m - great ears, Bob & Tnx.  Nice to hear so many NS
callsigns and work some new ones too.

Not sure if I'll make all of the remaining Ladder sessions, but we shall see.

73 & Tnx for the Q's & Mults...

Rick, K6VVA * The Locust