[3830] NAQP SSB KC0W/M Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB KC0W/M Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 16:03:03 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: KC0W/M
Operator(s): KC0W
Station: KC0W/M

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: North Dakota
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:  187
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  187    1  Total Score = 1

Club:

Team:

Comments:

In the 'test just for a few hours to help pass the time away. What else is there
to do in the desolate territory of western ND in the winter anyway, hihi. Not a
serious attempt at all, I didn't even log the contest but I did count the total
number of Q's I made............As always, glad to help the boys out with the ND
mult in contests.

 Wanted to be QRV on 40 meters in the 'test but my screwdriver antenna has a
very hard time extending/retracting when the outside temperature gets below
about 10 F. It was a -10 to -14 windchill out in the cow pasture on the hill
where I operate contests from. This was a real heatwave, it was -34 F two days
ago. Screwdriver antennas do not like cold weather very much.

 Seemed to be A LOT more activity last weekend in the CW NAQP versus the SSB
today. I always enjoy CW 'tests 10 fold over SSB contests
anyway..........Worked quite a few guys in the 'test today who I'm 100%
positive were running QRO. Shame on you, you cheating SOB's. If your going to
break the rules at least move your amplifier away from your mic a few more feet
so the amp's blower noise is not so obvious.

 I'm presently constructing a world class contesting/DXing station here in
North Dakota. It will be available to all to use for FREE OF CHARGE. Antenna
arrays are quite impressive. Check out my information on QRZ.com for the latest
updates regarding this stations mammoth undertaking.

 As always, the best from North Dakota & see you in the next 'test.

 Tom KC0W