[3830] NAQP SSB K0DU Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB K0DU Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 06:53:04 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: K0DU
Operator(s): K0DU
Station: K0DU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:   93    28
   80:  166    42
   40:  362    48
   20:  465    49
   15:  173    33
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 1259   200  Total Score = 255,577

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Team: Grand Mesa #1

Comments:

Well , I recently purchased an FTDX 5000 which I like a lot and I thought I
would try to listen to both VFO's at the same time on different bands in stereo
. My thought was to be able to check out 10 & 15 while running on 20 and it
worked OK . The only problem was 10 never opened . This worked fine for moving
a few stations from band to band quickly too. At first I think it slowed me
down a bit ( to much information ) for my old brain. I though I would make an
effort to spread my time out a little more even per band this year and If I had
it to do over I would not have done that. 20 was my best band rates and I should
have and could have milked it for a whole lot more . 15 was a disappointment
even with multiple big antennas , I just couldn't get it going like I should
have . 40 wasn't to bad early then I went to 80 & 160. That was like hitting a
brick wall, boy the rates went to hell quick a little snow static didn't help
either. Boy I don't remember 80 & 160 being this tough. My score was down from
last year a bit which was a disappointment .CONGRATULATIONS to Mitch K7RL for
another great score ! 73's to all Jerry ( BOB ) hi hi .... IN WESTERN COLORADO
15 MILES FROM THE UTAH BORDER .