[3830] NAQP SSB VE1ZA Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, noahr@eastlink.ca
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB VE1ZA Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 08:43:35 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: VE1ZA
Operator(s): VE1ZA
Station: VE1ZA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Halifax
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:   26    19
   80:   61    30
   40:   67    32
   20:  154    39
   15:   50    15
   10:
-------------------
Total:  358   135  Total Score = 48,688

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

Results analysis & Notes:
Conditions were not as good as last year.  I found myself struggling to reach
last years goals in terms of multipliersâ?"I just could not do it in the time I
had.  Had some runs on 15m and 20m, but a not as good on the low bands with 99%
S&P.  Propagation was a little skewed, not very many contacts with close in
statesâ?"all long propagation.  The states with the most Q's were:  CA=22,
TN=21, TX=19, ON=18

I should have taken more time for supper and concentrated on the last 2 hours
of the contest.

All in all, performance was generally up by 20% with only 45 minutes more
operating time.  160 and 80 were poor performers this year, with the Q & Mult
count down by about half.  I made up for this on 20m, which is where the best
gain was had.  I am OK with the result since the score is higher than last
year.

Thanks to VE9ML and VE1SKY for the local mults and the band switching, that
helped.  Nicest contact was NL7V and my vote for best name is Tex in Tx, and
Gator (CW contest).  I heard VY1 in there but he was S&P and I could not catch
him!!  I turned the pennant to the US for this contest and it really made a
difference copying stations through the noise, better for my ears!!  I found
the verticals seemed to work well for a period and then the inverted-V's an
hour later as propagation changed.  20M was the best band, my best rate was
72/hr for 1 hr and a run of 43Q's and the most productive was the 2nd hr of the
contest.  Missed HI, NE, RI, NU, YT, V31MW & PE! For this one.  Not many
Canadians either.