[3830] UKDX RTTY VA2UP Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] UKDX RTTY VA2UP Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 12:02:11 -0800
                    UK DX Contest, RTTY

Call: VA2UP
Operator(s): VA2UP
Station: VA2UP

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Lasalle
Operating Time (hrs): 14
Radios: SO2R

   80:   75   169    16
   40:  207   511    46
   20:  389  1079    74
   15:   69   208    27
   10:
-------------------------
Total:  740  1967   163  Total Score = 320,621

Club: Contest Group du Quebec

Comments:

I didn't find conditions to be very good but somehow managed a better score than
in the past. UK participation was good and tryied to get as many stations as
possible in the log providing the nice mults! Marginal 15M opening from here
with very few DX didn't help. QRN on 40 and 80 with snow falling all day.
Played intesively in first hours of the contest then, when conditions got worse
I concentrated in studying the behaviour of different MMTTY profiles and rig
settings to see if I could find the miracle cure for pulling out those weak
ones...More studying will be necessary.
Nevertheless I had a good time and I think that the 'post Roundup' discussions
encouraged many new ops to join in. Nice to see this. Thanks to the sponsors
for holding the test.
73, Fabi