[3830] NAQP SSB VA7BEC Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, va7bec@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB VA7BEC Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 14:56:03 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: VA7BEC
Operator(s): VA7BEC
Station: VA7BEC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: nr Vancouver
Operating Time (hrs): 8

  160:    3     3
   80:    8     5
   40:   12    11
   20:  179    49
   15:  183    30
   10:
-------------------
Total:  385    98  Total Score = 37,730

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

Started out right on time but quiet for the first few minutes. Then 20m and
later 15m took off. CONDX seemed all right. QRM was, well, annoying as usual.
Why is it that QRM obliterates the most important part of an exchange? "Howdy,
Rebecca. this is ??? in ???" Hmm. Again. "Yeah, Rebecca. B??? here in M???"
QRM. One more time. "Bob ??? Mich???" At last, in the log.
Took a break for some non-radio obligations, which ended up being my required
off time plus some, and when I came back, 20m and 15m were not at all the same.
Both bands held out such promise early on, but seemed to close far too early.
Tried 40m and 80m but the results were extremely disappointing. Could hear
activity south and east, but rarely got even a QRZ out of my calls. From the
exchanges, I'll hazard a guess that the ops weren't listening for the Pacific
Northwest. Too bad.
As always, a big TU to all the ops who answered my CQs and to all the ops down
south and to the east who listened north and west, respectively.
73, Rebecca VA7BEC