[3830] NCCC Sprint N6ZFO LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint N6ZFO LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 22:25:25 -0800
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Jan21

Call: N6ZFO
Operator(s): N6ZFO
Station: N6ZFO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 0.50

  160:   4      3
   80:  13      8
   40:  15     12
   20:   2      2
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  34     25  Total Score = 850

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Rock crushing signals made it difficult to hear distant stations on 80 tonight.

Late this afternoon while searching for a coffee cup appropriate for my
newfound interest in latte's and cappuchino coffees, I unearthed an ancient
Vibroplex bug inherited from N6GSG a few years ago.  After investing some time
in bug restoration, and remembering last night's Locust QSO party, I couldn't
resist giving it a try in tonights NS Ladder.  Having forgotten to write a "bug
multiplier" into the NS rules, the score suffered a bit;  I underestimated the
challenge of typing the exchange while hand sending with the bug, although I do
it with ease with the keyer.  But it was fun, and I may try again.  Maybe a
bug-only NS would be fun (we'd probably need to allow dupes).

Pleased to hear K0RF and to note score reports from Bob, K6ZZ of the SCCC and
from WA3AAN from PA.

73 Bill n6zfo