[3830] ARRL Jan VHF WD0T/R Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wd0t@mncomm.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Jan VHF WD0T/R Rover LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 21:52:40 -0800

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:   7     7  Total Score = 49

Club:

Comments:

Did a rover operation while travelling for business from Pierre, SD to St.
Cloud, MN, to give me something to do on the 6 hour drive. Didn't make any Q's
nor hear anyone from DN94/EN04, but things got better and I worked Ray, WB0HHM
in EN13 while I was in EN14 and EN24 on 6m. Also worked K0SIX in EN35 while I
was in EN25 on 6m AND 2m, using a 6m aluminum dipole at 10ft above the Dodge
Ram Pickup box-- couldn't believe I could work him on 2m!! Also worked AC0LA in
EN25, KB0CQ in EN34, and K0AWU in EN37 all while I was in EN25.  Thanks guys for
the Q's and REALLY making the trip MUCH faster.

Did hear a few other stations briefly, including K5QE on CW, but NO JOY!

Conditions seemed very flat to me.  But hey, thats not unusual for January, but
was hoping for 6m Es.

Thanks all for the Q's, 73 God Bless, Todd WD0T/r