[3830] ARRL Jan VHF K3TUF Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, phil@k3tuf.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Jan VHF K3TUF Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 17:20:08 -0800
                    ARRL January VHF Sweepstakes

Call: K3TUF
Operator(s): K3TUF
Station: K3TUF

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: EPA
Operating Time (hrs):

    6:  164    26
    2:  225    37
  222:   78    25
  432:  110    30
  903:   31    10
  1.2:   42    13
  2.3:   21     7
  3.4:   12     5
  5.7:    5     4
  10G:    8     4
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  696   161  Total Score = 229,425

Club: Mt Airy VHF Radio Club

Comments:

This was my ninth January VHF Sweepstakes and I had lots of fun. Spent the last
year working on a new tower to get my microwave antennas above the trees.
Operated this contest with bands from 50-24192, but had no contacts on the 24g
band.
I called this my test voyage and to that end the voyage was successful, the
equipment held up and did not fail.  The new rotating tower performed without a
hitch.  Most of the work culminated in operation only days before the contest
started.
Didn't go all out with skeds as this was the test voyage.  Now that things are
somewhat proven, more extra work should pay off.
Not my best score, will have to so some analysis to see why, nevertheless beat
last years score.
Now the complaints: operated the contest with high noise level on 6 and 2 like
just about everyone else; where were all the rovers, only worked 6, three from
the packrats.  Guess I need to check the liason frequencies more.
All in all a good contest.  I enjoyed it.
Phil K3TUF