[3830] ARRL Jan VHF WB2RVX Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, mgullo3@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL Jan VHF WB2RVX Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 06:53:12 -0800
                    ARRL January VHF Sweepstakes

Call: WB2RVX
Operator(s): WB2RVX
Station: WB2RVX

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FM29mt
Operating Time (hrs):

    6:  110    21
    2:  157    33
  222:   61    13
  432:   90    17
  903:   25     7
  1.2:   33     8
  2.3:   21     6
  3.4:   11     4
  5.7:
  10G:    1     1
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  510   111  Total Score = 119,103

Club: MT. Airy VHF Radio Club

Comments:

Like many others stated, the condx in South Jersey were flat with s9 noise
levels on both 6m and 2m. I missed many of my normal contacts and grids to the
west and and south where the noise was particularly bad. My tower was down
until Thursday at 5:30 pm making last minute additions. I was worried that the
cable might snap from the weight of the snow and ice so we used our skidsteer
from the business to lift the tower vertical. Otherwise, the contest went fine
with no equipment failures this year. Tnx to all the rovers who braved the
elements. CU all next test.