[3830] CQ160 CW N7AT(@K8IA) Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bobk8ia@aol.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW N7AT(@K8IA) Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 11:50:39 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: N7AT
Operator(s): K8IA KC7V
Station: K8IA

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 32

Total:  QSOs = 1294  State/Prov = 60  Countries = 53  Total Score = 460,136

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Radio: Ten-Tec Orion II, Alpha 8410
Xmit Antenna: Shunt Fed Tower (78' total w/mast) and 60 radials
Primary Rx Antenna: K9AY Loop system
Other Rx Antenna (temp/experimental): 550' E-W unterminated BOG; Short 240'
"Beverage" Terminted Eu

122 more Q's this year, but six fewer Mults and about 13K LESS points than last
year.

I am reading all the glowing reports of this weekend's conditions and just
scratching my head. I didnt feel that love. I guess we were spoiled by the last
two years conditions. In 2009 and 2010 we had big Eu and JA openings both
nights. Only Saturday night brought the terrific Eu opening this year, although
our Eu count was more this year (75 vs 48). Not so for JA's/Asia where we were
considerably lower this year (74 vs 111).

The Tale of the Tape (2011 vs 2010):

2011 CQWW 160 CW:
QSO's: 1294

Africa - 2
Asia  - 74
Europe - 75
N. America - 1125
Oceania - 11
S. America - 7

2010 CQWW 160 CW:
QSO's: 1172

Africa - 4
Asia  - 111
Europe - 48
N. America - 989
Oceania - 7
S. America - 13

Just Mike KC7V and I trading off 2 hour shifts at a relatively modest 160
station here. No "partner mode", no big gun setup, no particular pressure and
certainly nothing nothing fancy or unduly strategic. A fun time!

CQWW 160 CW did offer us a great opportunity to further improve our N1MM SO2V
methods though! Excellent practice, as we had both Orion II receivers in play
the entire time.

But the biggest plus was another good score to post for the Arizona Outlaws
Contest Club! GO OUTLAWS!

73, Bob K8IA
Arizona Outlaws Contest Club