[3830] CQ160 CW W8OHT Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w3hvq@frontiernet.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW W8OHT Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 15:16:00 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: W8OHT
Operator(s): W8OHT
Station: W8OHT

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 341  State/Prov = 341  Countries = 23  Total Score = 69,522

Club:

Comments:

(1)Added Z-matching between K-3 and GG 4-1000A Amplifier's Input BPF, now using
a tap on the resonant coil.  This minimized SWR to the K-3 and doubled my
available output power to 1 KW; (2)Added 175-foot beverage-type receiving
antenna to station. N1MM Logger facilitated getting 150 Q's into log in first
120 minutes, then later found Europe was in solid using my new receive antenna.
 Gratifying to see my old station actually working like a real contest station
here in the beautiful Appalachian mountains of WV.