[3830] CQ160 CW K1TO Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k1to@aol.com, fcg@kkn.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW K1TO Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 16:56:06 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: K1TO
Operator(s): K1TO
Station: K1TO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FL
Operating Time (hrs): 7.5

Total:  QSOs = 865  State/Prov = 59  Countries = 61  Total Score = 503,520

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Wow!  By pure dumb luck, the plan was to operate the 2nd night only during the
fun hours.  The 04/05Z hours were just tremendous, combining for over 300 QSOs.
 The limiting factor was the EU stations QRMing each other and me having to send
the report multiple times to most stations.  At 4.85 pts/QSO, I'm sure that's a
personal best in this event.  Working EU/DX on 160 is something I really enjoy.
 Every year recently, I think that the sunspot cycle upswing will make for
poorer 160 condx, but it hasn't happened yet!  Very little noise on the band
made for great hearing on the GP, something that is usually a problem from here
on 160.  Kudos to N2NT for his efforts.  Activity is certainly not lacking in
this contest.

North America   CW  582    66.7%
South America   CW    5     0.6
Europe          CW  281    32.2  55 DL, 23 UA
Asia            CW    2     0.2  4X, 5B
Africa          CW    2     0.2  CT3, EA8
Oceania         CW    1     0.1  KH6

Saw this very encouraging spot just now, but never heard a UA9 (although, oddly
enough, I heard K1DG pulling out a QSO with RX9CAZ, I think it was!) - tnx,
Willy!
UA9BA-@         1817.3 K1TO         Lil louder'n K1DG! Go Dan!         0345 30
Jan   United States

After running until ~0815Z, I walked away for ~10 minutes.  Came back to find
1817 still open, so started the amp again.  While waiting for its relay, KH6CC
took the freq, the 1st and only KH6 heard!

FT-1000MP (even the 250 Hz INRAD filter is too wide these days!)
AL-1500
1/4 wave GP with 3 elevated radials
no separate listening antennas
CT-WIN

I'm a user of both LOTW and eQSL.  Thanks for the QSOs and CU in the upcoming
contests...

73, Dan