[3830] CQ160 CW WN6K Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, WN6K@sbcglobal.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW WN6K Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 12:38:19 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: WN6K
Operator(s): WN6K
Station: WN6K

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Vista, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 21

Total:  QSOs = 280  State/Prov = 48  Countries = 5  Total Score = 34,874

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Alpha Delta OCF Antenna... not really for 160 but with MFJ Versa Tuner V I got
heard....

Noisy as all get out around here in spots...the quietest were at the band edges
but the lower half was occupied by 'the Big Guns' so I search and pounced most
of the loud ones and move up to '1.880' (or just above the very last guy that I
could imagine hearing and called CQ.  This was effective as it was quiet for me
and I guess for the east coast guys that found my puny signal so it worked fine
for everyone.

I looked at my last entry (2007) which was 36,795 and set my site goal to beat
that.  Unfortunately I missed working 2 more DX mults so passing that mark was
not in the cards.

By Sunday morning the Full AGC off in the ears was enough already and I was
sure glad to be done.  Someday a real antenna (or one slightly better) will
help but for a two month band here it is not too high in priority.

While calling CQ, I mananged a new band country - thanks PJ2T so in the end
life was good.  Thanks for all those on the east coast for their patience and
working me into your log.

WN6K, Paul