[3830] Commonwealth 8P9AA(VE3DZ) Restricted-24 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3dz@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] Commonwealth 8P9AA(VE3DZ) Restricted-24 LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 11:31:23 -0700
                    RSGB Commonwealth Contest, CW

Call: 8P9AA
Operator(s): VE3DZ
Station: 8P9AA

Class: Restricted-24 LP
QTH: Barbados
Operating Time (hrs): 18.5

------------
   80:  101
   40:  167
   20:  184
   15:  113
   10:   47
------------
Total:  612  Total Score = 7,920

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

My feelings are exactly as described in the 5H3EE's post.
I was about to quit several times, after some "HAMs" (mostly from Italy, but
some also from Brazil, Russia sime other Eastern EU countries) would park
themselves on my frequency and constantly send their calls, without any
reaction on my requests. Looks like they don't know even some basics of CW and
just using their computers sending pre-programmed messages...
They don't listen, they don't hear, they don't understand. They constantly send
thier calls, even in the middle of my QSO with someone else, making each contact
a real torture to me...
Looked like just bunch of primitives from old ages with their bludgeons...
I really don't know where are we going with these code reading softwares,
skimmers, clusters... HAM Radio just isn't the fun it used to be many years
ago...
Operated with K3 and 43' foot vertical with 4:1 balun close to the beach (used
on all bands
Conditions were worse then earlier in the week, especially on 10 - could not
work any single European. Too much static on the 2nd morning. However, all in
all, the score is better than I expected.

73  Yuri